0

Females in the Industry

Posted by **A.Cas** on 8:38 AM in , ,
Good day homeslices!

Being the resident female for the Chemistry blog is fun for me. I grew up with three older brothers and I would say it's them who nurtured my love for hip-hop to lead me into working in this industry; working with predominantly males is within my comfort zone. As we all know, the music industry is still a male-dominated industry, with the majority of females in it being "eye candy" in a music video. There are strong women in the industry, such as Sylvia Rhone over at Universal/Motown, and many others, so why are women still being seen as "second" to men? My thought of the day is, "When you see an attractive female working in the music industry, do you automatically categorize her as "video girl", or "future executive"? What influences your decision?

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 ... All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.